Clothes Cabin relies on the generosity of supporters to provide the clothing, linens, and personal items needed by our clients. Please consider limiting donations to manageable amounts. Large volumes of clothes at once can overwhelm our processing area.
Donations are accepted Monday through Thursday from 10 AM to 2 PM and Thursday evenings from 6 PM to 8 PM.
Our most needed items are:
- children’s clothing in sizes 6 to 14
- new underwear and socks for men, women, and children
- athletic shoes
- maternity clothes
- adult t-shirts
- personal hygiene items regular or trial-sized
- office supplies and postage stamps for the organization
- recycled handle shopping bags large enough to hold a bed pillow
Take that donation to the NEXT LEVEL:
- Pre-sort and check clothing carefully for holes, stains, excessive wear – our goal is always high-quality clothing
- Bag donations by gender/size and mark the bags -saves volunteer time in processing donations
- Please keep your donations in standard size garbage bags, handle bags, or small-sized boxes – large bags and boxes are too heavy for many of our volunteers
We are looking for groups or individuals to coordinate clothing drives specific to our shortage areas. You can start a collection at your church, school, business, in your neighborhood, or community group. We love dedicated drives for our most needed items such as children’s shoe drive, sheets & towels drive, and athletic shoe drive.
If you are interested in holding a clothing drive, please read Clothing Drive Tips and contact us before you start.
Additional Ways to Support One Small Step
Become an Ambassador
- Call us when you see great bargains at local stores so we can send someone to buy items for our clients
- Collect donations from people in your area who are unable to deliver them personally
- Talk to your friends and groups about our mission
- Use your social media to promote Clothes Cabin and Friends Resale Boutique
Our resale boutique supports the mission of Clothes Cabin. Stop in and you’ll discover reasonable prices, beautiful jewelry, designer purses, vintage collectibles, decorative art, and more! You can shop with good conscience in knowing that 100% of the proceeds from the boutique go towards the fulfillment of Clothes Cabin’s mission.
Sponsor a Giving Tree
Make themed tags that specify an item someone could buy, and arrange them on a Giving Tree. Your group members will select one or more tags and purchase those items. It could be basics like new socks, underwear, or other needs such as sheets, towels, hygiene items, or school supplies. Contact us for ideas.
Make hygiene kits
Collect personal hygiene items like shampoo, soap, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, tissues, lotions, and deodorant and assemble individual (trial/travel) sized or family-sized hygiene kits. This is an ideal project for younger children and teaches them the importance of community service.
Party with a Purpose!
Tired of the white elephant exchange? Ask co-workers to donate items like pajamas or blankets or athletic shoes instead of having a gift exchange at your next office party. Allow your children to give back by inviting their guests to bring a package of socks or underwear instead of a birthday gift.
One Small Step, Inc. is an Arizona Qualifying Charitable Organization for a tax credit, so your cash donation will return to you dollar-for-dollar. Clothing donations are tax-deductible.
Volunteer two or more hours a week at Clothes Cabin or Friends Resale Boutique and you’ll be part of our dedicated team!
Are you eager to get involved?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project!